1.26.2007

s.o.s.

i am so fortunate to work with some extremely talented people. my admiration has encouraged me to start highlighting them here on my blog (it's that, "wow, i know him/her!", sort of feeling). this happy, foggy friday morning i'd like to share an art installation made by my friend & co-worker, stephen o. stout. he is a very talented painter & artist (not to mention my guru on auto-cad) based in berkeley. the installation below was selected for the miami designer showcase house this past fall. the series of white cube paintings have soft brush strokes, with slight color tints and shades of grey organic shapes - each one a unique experience. and, when taken in as a whole, they are a true visual journey. installed in the perfect location: a stairwell with high ceilings, the passage to different elevations is enhanced, and even slowed by the provocative images fading into or jumping off of the white squares.





No comments: