8.14.2007

are figs now trendy?

dang. the luscious fig with it's mauves, purples, ruby reds & many shades of greens is a fruit i've been taken with for some time now (years, not months or weeks). and of course i adore it for its flavor too. they are so great to cook & bake with. i most recently used figs as my inspiration for the decor8 fabulous sationery contest a couple weeks ago. and they are the inspiration for the color theme in my bedroom decor.
i guess sometimes even the most obscure obsessions can become hip. so i shouldn't complain.
i was excited to see that house martin posted some lovely figgy goodness on her blog this week. my two fave photos are below. both are from marie claire idees.

4 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

mmm...I hope so. I had some for breakfast. I picked them in my garden:-)

studio wellspring said...

oooo i'm so jealous maryam!

cotedetexas said...

Yes: trend alert!!! especially in fragrance.

studio wellspring said...

so true, cote de texas.....i have the diptyque figuier room spray & i absolutely adore it!

http://www.lotussarasota.com/shopexd.asp?id=6209